We are delighted to welcome children and their families to our early childhood program, where a student-centered, play-based approach to teaching and learning encourages children to explore the world around them, connect with others, and develop a strong sense of self.
In Dwight’s tradition of “igniting the spark of genius” in every child, we help students begin to unlock their unique talents and interests and allow their natural abilities to flourish. We emphasize the importance of learning through play all the while having a commitment to holistic, structured and purposeful inquiry, as it underpins personal development and learning for young children.
Through the framework of the Primary Years Programme (PYP), our students embrace the opportunity to ask WHY and develop the curiosity to explore the answers.
The PYP at Dwight is designed to:
- Teach students a broad base of knowledge and skills in subjects, including mathematics, science, literacy, social studies, the arts, physical education, and language (Arabic, French, Mandarin and Spanish).
- Incorporate four-Pre-K and KG1 six-K2 themes that encourage students to learn more about themselves and the world around them and to understand how they interconnect.
- Foster every student’s development of learning with a powerful emphasis on important ideas and concepts through the units of inquiry.
- Emphasize the development of the whole student, including the cognitive, social, emotional and physical well-being of every child.
- Empower students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their own learning.
For a more detailed look at our curriculum for PYP, please click here